sábado, marzo 10, 2007

Delirium

That's the definition that Altavista-Babel Fish gave to me when I wrote "desvarío" in the text box, and clicked translate. My English dictionary says: "an acutely disturbed state of mind that occurs in fever, intoxication and other disorders and is caracterized by restlessness, illusions and incoherence of thought and speech" I am not intoxicated (at least I don't think I am). I do not have fever. Maybe I can clasify my state of mind in "other disorders". By now, in this entry I have used 3 pairs of quotation marks (that was just an informative statement). Well, what is it going to be now? As usual, existential problems (as they are commonly named)? Or some kind of delirium? Beginning of schizophrenia? No, I just don't think so.

But I am going to write, indeed, about some states of mind, and feelings (maybe my three or four readers are accustomed to).

A few points to start: Is it possible to live without knowing ourselves? Everyone lives with him or herself. Everyone knows his/her body, what is comfortable, uncomfortable, pleasant, not pleasant, hilarious, sad, under their own and personal perspective. But, I do not know, if it is possible to don't actually knowing more complex issues about ourselves. What is the reason for living? To find a mission in life. Is it possible, or healthy, to live without a path or at least, a compass that shows the north that could simbolyze, the goal of our living? It is healthy to try to build bridges between ourselves and other people? Which are the boundaries between selfsteem and selfishness?

Well, those are the questions that are roaming through my mind lately. I dropped something that I didn't need. An anxiety and fear that wasn't leading me to anywhere. A year feeling that. I was just happy about dropping that burden. But I started to think, and think, and think.

What am I?. What do I want to be?

I feel, but I am not sure if what I feel is good, correct, right, or if it is not just an illusion.

Again: another thing. Times changes. People changes. I do not know, if I should just try to walk alone, and avoid criticism, regrets, and rejections. Or If I should try, as I have been doing, to build bridges, between myself and the rest of human kind, but at least, the people I care about, or the people that I'm starting to care about. And share. And that freaks me out.

It freaks me out, 'cause I felt so alienated a long time. And also. I lack of an interesting past, or an interesting life, as long as I know. I look behind, and everything seems so boring, and the good times, so far away. I look ahead, and I cannot see anything. I look at where I am, and don't know how was that I ended up here.

Just trying to figure out. Jus trying to avoid the mistakes of the past that are nailed on me, in spite of all my efforts to leave them behind.

And a present that sometimes is unbearable. Because there is no past as foundation, no future to see. A confusion of what I am and feel.

Bridges that I try to build, but that fall over emptiness. And the envy that it makes me feel.

Ok, that's all now.
Until next time.

No hay comentarios.: